If you’re a writer and print your work, you’d know how frustrating it can be when you’re about to print your last chapter and your printer jams? Or how annoying it is when you print your masterpiece, but it can’t be read because of the faded ink?
There’s not ONE best printer for writers. It depends on how you print, what you type on, and all writers have different methods. Considering the preferences of all the authors around the world, we’re here to help you find your perfect match today!
List Of Top Printer for Writers
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 Wireless Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color Supertank Printer
- Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Printer
- Canon Office and Business MX922 Printer
- Brother HL-2270DW Compact Printer
Comparison Chart Of Top Printer for Writers
|HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 Wireless Printer||• Technology: Inkjet
• Speed: 20 ppm
• Smart Touchscreen: Yes
• Functions: Print, Scan, Copy, Fax.
|Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color Supertank Printer||• Technology: Inkjet
• Ink system: Ink tanks (bottles)
• Print Volume: 4500 pages/set (black)
• Functions: Print, Scan, Copy.
|Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Printer||• Maximum Print Size: 13”x 19”
• Paper Tray Capacity: 250 sheets
• ADF: Yes (35 sheets)
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC.
|Canon Office and Business MX922 Printer||• Speed: 15 ppm
• ADF: Yes (35 sheets)
• Paper Tray Capacity: 150 sheets
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB, AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, LAN printing.
|Brother HL-2270DW Compact Printer||• Technology: Laser
• Speed: 27 ppm
• Print Volume: 2600 pages/toner
• Paper Tray Capacity: 250 sheets
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which printer is best for printing books?
The best printer for books would be the one with very high printing speed and a large paper tray, preferably with speeds over 25 ppm and 250-sheet capacity, like the Brother HL-2270DW laser printer.
You should also ensure that the printer comes with double-sided printing capabilities.
Laser printers are a better option than inkjets when it comes to printing books mainly because of their efficiency.
Which printer is best for text?
Inkjet printers, like Canon MX922, are better at printing text than laser printers, as the inkjet technology focuses on the tiny ink droplets for each pixel being printed.
Inkjet printers use the thermal or MicroPiezo technology and print both color texts and monochrome texts with extreme precision and sharpened details, making them the best for printing text.
Which printer is most economical for ink costs?
Printers like the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 supertank printer are perfect for economical ink costs. These printers use ink bottles instead of ink cartridges, and each set (4 bottles) can print as many as 80 cartridges and a vast number of pages, cutting on your ink costs hugely.
Epson also provides replacement ink sets, so you won’t have to spend on ink for more than a year.
Top 5 Best Printer for Writers Reviews
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 Wireless Printer
Since 1939, HP has been excellent in the hardware world of printers and laptops, and they don’t seem to be stopping! They’ve proved their caliber again, by producing the HP 8035 printer!
The inkjet printer will print your work at high-quality, as the ink droplets are printed with thermal technology at 20 ppm, and the words will look sharp and clear.
The HP Instant Ink registration which is a feature that comes with this HP printer is very economical and time-saving for you. If you’re not printing more than 100 pages a month, you can get free HP ink for as long as 8 months. Even without the free ink, HP ensures you get the ink delivered to your house in no time.
If you’re saving your work in file storage services, like Google Drive, you won’t be needing your laptop or tablets for printing. The OfficeJet Pro comes with an easy-to-use touchscreen, with a variety of functions. Apart from printing and scanning commands, you can also access your Google Drive and directly print from there.
• Inkjet thermal technology makes prints very sharp.
• HP Instant Ink registration can give 8 months of free ink right to your home.
• Touchscreen allows access to Google Drive and printing.
• Can print 20 pages in a minute.
2. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color Supertank Printer | best printer for printing books at home
If you write and print in high volumes, and have to worry about changing your cartridges every now and then, the Epson EcoTank is an excellent solution for you.
It takes away all the attention with its cost-efficiency and huge printing volume of 4500 pages with one ink set. Instead of cartridges, this Supertank printer consists of an ink tank of four ink bottles.
One ink set prints as many pages as around 80 cartridges, and thus saving you almost 90% of the money you’d have spent on cartridges! Furthermore, Epson provides a replacement ink set along with the printer too, which can keep you covered for as much as 2 years.
Even though the ET-2720 can print around 10 pages in a minute, the MicroPiezo Inkjet technology integrated into this Epson printer ensures your writings look crisp and smooth in the printout.
The printer comes with additional scanning and copying functions. You can conveniently scan the documents into your computer and make necessary changes or keep them saved.
- One ink set can print 4500 pages.
- You won’t have to purchase another ink set for 2 years, with the replacement set.
- MicroPiezo inkjet technology ensures writings are crisp clear.
- Works as a copier and scanner too.
3. Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Inkjet Printer
The WorkForce WF-7710 printer is a workhorse! With a huge paper tray capacity of 250 sheets, you can print conveniently without having to refill the tray frequently. Although the printing speed is a bit less (8.7 ppm), it can print 125 sheets in one go!
Furthermore, Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) technology will boost your printing efficiency by taking 35 pages at a time for automatic printing. If you want to print on both sides of the paper, the ADF can automatically execute it in that arrangement too, without you having to manually fix the orientation.
This inkjet printer is perfect for you if you print your novels and narratives in different sizes. It is a wide-format printer which can print documents in a variety of sizes, as large as 13” x 19”. The PrecisionCore technology makes these processes smoother and faster.
DURABrite Ultra Ink cartridges installed in this WorkForce printer delivers excellent ink qualities, which won’t smudge or fade, keeping your work intact for a very long time.
- Input capacity of 250 sheets, and output capacity of 125 sheets.
- ADF takes 35 sheets at a time for automatic printing.
- Prints your work in a wide range of sizes.
- DURABrite ultra ink keeps prints smudge-resistant and fade-resistant.
4. Canon Office and Business MX922 Printer | best printer for printing books
The Canon MX922 is the solution to all your connectivity problems, both wired and wireless! You can write on any device you want, and printing it out won’t be a problem at all when you have this magnificent printer.
Your desktop computer or laptop can be as far as 20 feet, but you can conveniently connect it to the printer, with the cable provided by Canon.
When it comes to wireless connectivity, the printer isn’t any less either. Along with a highly-receptive wireless system installed inside for carrying out print commands properly, the printer is also compatible with AirPrint and Google Cloud Print services. Printing directly from your Apple devices or Google Drive will be as easy as pie.
The small, compact design of the printer doesn’t take up too much space, and will easily print you 15 pages in a minute!
Just like our previous printer, the MX922 also consists of a 35-sheet ADF. Manually printing or scanning one page at a time is very time-consuming, and is eliminated by the ADF, while also adding double-sided printing and scanning features to the printer.
- A 20-foot cord makes wired printing more convenient.
- AirPrint and Google Cloud Print make printing from Apple devices and Google services easier.
- Can print, scan, copy, and fax.
- ADF allows double-sided printing and scanning.
5. Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer
If you’re tired of printing at a slow pace and want to get printouts faster, the Brother HL-2270DW will be your most productive choice. At a printing speed of 27 pages in a minute, this laser printer is the fastest on our list.
A huge paper tray with a capacity of 250 pages is also a big up for this Brother printer. You can just hit print and finish other work, without having to refill again and again.
Even though the printer doesn’t come with ADF, you can still print on both sides of the sheets automatically with proper instructions.
Moreover, the toner, TN450, is produced by Brother itself and can print as many as 2600 pages!
Free software is provided by Brother, which offers various features which can be excellent for writers. For example, the Toner Saver Mode does a brilliant job in making sure only the required amount of toner is used up in printing, reducing wastage. This helps you to use the toner for longer periods.
- Outstanding printing speed of 27 ppm.
- The paper tray has a capacity of 250 sheets, meaning lesser refills.
- TN450 toner prints a high volume of 2600 pages.
- Toner Saver mode uses toner efficiently and reduces wastage.
We know what a bummer it can be after writing a gem, but then being unable to print it as you like. That’s why, we’ve taken it on our hands, to relieve you of this misery and have scoured the Internet for days to find the best printer for writers.
After analyzing and reading reviews of thousands of printers, we’ve come up with our suggestions of printing devices that will make your lives easier and print your work better.