Isn’t it really fun to be crafty with acetate sheets? Be it making a birthday card or book covers, acetate has a wide range of purposes. But, given its chemical and physical properties, it can be very difficult to use it with the regular printers out there.
Not all printers will support acetate sheets. Some printers are not compatible with papers other than the standard A4, while others require special settings to be set.
To make life easier for you, we’ve done an extensive research on the best printer for acetate. We’ve come up with a list of the absolute best ones that will not only print on acetate perfectly but will also give you a very satisfying result.
List Of Top Printer for Acetate
- Canon Pixma Pro-100 Color Inkjet Printer
- Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Business Printer
- Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer
- Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Printer
- Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
Comparison Chart Of Top Printer for Acetate
|Canon Pixma Pro-100 Color Inkjet Printer||• DPI: 4800 X 2400
• Ink set: 8 individual tanks
• Types of media: Plain paper
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, AirPrint
|Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Business Printer||• DPI: 9600 X 2400
• Ink set: 5
• Types of media: Glossy photo paper
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB, PPS.
|Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer||• DPI: 5760 X 1440
• Ink set: 4
• Types of media: Plain paper, Bond, Card stock, Envelope.
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB.
|Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Printer||• DPI: 5760 X 1440
• Ink set: 6
• Types of media: Plain paper, Card stock
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet.
|Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer||• DPI: 5760 X 1440
• Ink set: 6
• Types of media: Plain paper
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to print on acetate?
Although it can be a fairly simple task, you’ll have to be very careful while doing it for a perfect result. While different printers have different instructions for printing onto acetate, there are a few common steps.
Firstly, you should configure the printer settings and place the acetate sheet carefully on the printer case. You should make sure the covered plastic side is facing the printer head, and follow additional instructions.
After printing, you should delicately handle the paper as the picture can easily smudge. You can put it in a dry place until the ink settles and you’re good to go.
Can you print on clear acetate?
Even though acetate sheets, clear or not, aren’t basically made with the concept of them being printed in mind, they still give a decent printing output. By configuring some setting options according to the instructions, you can print easily on clear acetate sheets.
Clear acetate can be generally printed on easily by different printing methods, like the Thermal method and the Commercial inkjet printed method.
What printers can print on acetate?
Even though there aren’t exact acetate printers, several types of printers do a great job, and the best ones are the basic Laser printers and the basic Inkjet printers.
Business Inkjet printers are also decent for printing on acetates. Different sheets work better with different printers, and you can easily find that out from the instructions manuals. For example, laser printer acetate sheets can be printed perfectly using laser printers.
Top 5 Best Printer for Acetate Reviews
1. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Color Inkjet Printer
Our first choice on the list is the Canon Pixma Pro-100. As the name suggests, it’s an inkjet printer, so it can print about almost anything you want it to. It can also print in different colors and different kinds of shapes.
This Canon printer comes with eight different dye combinations for the ink. Its compatibility with every CLI 42 cartridges gives a wide range of the color spectrum, and the printer can give amazing color details.
The Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System feature does a great job in adjusting the usage of ink and its volume in certain parts of the picture, giving a very authentic output, just like the soft copy. These features make the Canon Pixma excellent for printing acetate sheets.
With an amazing Dots per Inch (DPI) of 4800 X 2400, the output of this printer is very detailed, focusing on every single component of the objects being printed.
A highly-receptive wireless system installed inside makes wireless printing very straightforward. USB ports are available for printing from PCs, along with an option for inserting memory cards.
- Compatibility with 8 CLI-42 cartridges gives a wide range of colors.
- OIG system controls ink volume and positioning, giving a better result.
- 4800 X 2400 DPI gives a very well-detailed output.
- Huge connectivity options like Wi-Fi, USB, Memory cards, AirPrint.
2. Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Business Printer
Another Canon printer on our list is iX6820. It’s also an inkjet printer and is highly reliable and sturdy. This inkjet printer can print very precisely, with rich colors and attention to detail, which makes it great for printing on acetate paper.
The Pixma iX6820 comes with incredible features for high-quality results. With a DPI of 9600 X 2400, it has 5 ink cartridges which are components of four types of dyes. These work together to provide excellent output, with meticulous attention to every feature of the subject, and perfect concentration of color.
With a great rate of 10.4 color images per minute, the printer also gives very authentic prints with the help of 1 Picoliter technology. It’s very straightforward to use with a great number of options.
A strong Wi-Fi system inside makes wireless printing simple. Along with USB and AirPrint, the Canon iX6820 also consists of a PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) feature, where you can scan and print quite easily with the PPS app on your phone.
- 9600 X 2400 DPI gives incredibly precise and detailed results.
- 1 Picoliter technology helps to give colorful and accurate output.
- Works with 5 individual ink cartridges, which gives rich colors.
- PPS app helps scan and print directly from the phone.
3. Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer
Yet another inkjet printer on our list, but this time it’s an Epson printer and it’s the C88+. Aforementioned, Inkjets give really good quality pictures, with proper color and specificity. They can also print almost anything, making them efficient for printing on acetate sheets.
An incredible DPI of 5760 X 1440 enables the printer to produce a highly-detailed output of any resolution. It’s faster than the previous printer since it can efficiently print 14 color images per minute, with the help of individual ink tanks.
The DURABrite Ultra pigment ink is a special feature of the C88+. This characteristic ensures the durability and resistivity of the print. It protects the prints from being damaged by water or due to the smearing of wet ink.
Another reason that makes the Epson printer great for printing on acetate is its compatibility with a huge range of print media. The BorderFree features help the printer to work on all kinds of sizes of media.
- 5760 X 1440 DPI enables printing with intricate attention to detail.
- 14 color ppm makes the printer fast and efficient.
- The printer is compatible with all kinds of media.
- DURABrite Ultra pigment feature ensures the longevity of the picture and damage-resistance.
4. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Printer
Our next acetate printer is also an Epson Inkjet printer. We have already described to you how awesome inkjet printers for acetates. The XP-15000 is no different and prints perfectly on inkjet printable acetate sheets.
The Epson printer consists of individual ink tanks of 6 different colors. It comes with different red and gray colors that give an additional boost to the vivid output it already provides.
Along with the normal front tray, which provides options of dual-sided printing, it also comes with a tray in the back, specially made for different kinds of media, like cardstock and gloss paper. It can print on a range of sizes as well.
At a rate of 9 color pages per minute, the XP-15000 is also well-compatible with acetate for inkjet printers.
A DPI of 5760 X 1440 provides high-quality output too. The printer comes with a good range of connectivity. Wireless printing can be easily done with any kind of device, and you can also connect Ethernet LAN cables for faster internet connectivity.
- It works with six individual color cartridges that boost color features.
- The printer has a tray in the back for special kinds of media, like acetate.
- The printer helps dual-sided printing of up to 200 pages.
- DPI of 5760 X 1440 gives a high-quality print output.
5. Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
With excellent attention to detail and crystal clear output, the Epson 1430 is another excellent inkjet printer. With individual ink cartridges of 6 colors, this printer gives rich and vibrant pictures.
The printer uses a range of technologies for high-quality picture output, with proper details and color gradation. Along with the 5760 X 1440 DPI, the Artisan 1430 also uses DX5 MicroPiezo technology and 1.5 picoliters ink technology.
Moreover, the Claria High-Definition Ink works to ensure resistivity to water and protection from smearing of ink. It also prevents the pictures from becoming dull and unclear.
The printer comes with a great wireless support system. Along with sharing the printer, documents and pictures can be easily printed from any device. There’s also a CD/DVD compartment to make it easier for you to print high-definition photos directly from discs.
- 6 individual ink tanks give a wide spectrum of colors.
- Claria High-Definition Ink ensures the safety and durability of pictures.
- 5760 X 1440 DPI helps to give a high-quality output.
- DX5 MicroPiezo technology works with 1.5picloitres inks printing intricately.
Printing on acetate can be fun and extremely useful. Acetate sheets come with a huge variety of uses and can be helpful to all kinds of people. The transparency of the acetate sheets makes printing on them and using them very convenient, especially for teachers and presenters in seminars.
Choosing the best printer for acetate can be very troublesome because acetates aren’t generally designed for printing and all printers aren’t compatible with printing on acetate sheets.
Making sure that the printers will support and print properly while considering other important factors too, we have carried out our research and brought together a list of the 5 best ones out there, for your ease of choice.