Comic books are a type of passion for hundreds of thousands of people. Incredible storylines and plots get people hooked for days on end. But, it can all go down the drain if the books come with unattractive prints and faded color.
The best printer for comic books contains lots of great features, from speed to quality. Looking into them can be time-consuming and confusing, which is the last thing you need in your busy schedule.
Well, we're here to make your lives easier!Sharing our knowledge and suggestions from days of research, we'll make it simpler for you to make your decision.
Top Printer for Comic Books by Editors' Picks
- Bestseller No. 1
- Bestseller No. 2
- Bestseller No. 3
- Bestseller No. 4
- Bestseller No. 5
- Bestseller No. 6
- Bestseller No. 7
- Bestseller No. 8
- Bestseller No. 9
- Bestseller No. 10
- Best Printer for Comic Books
- List Of Printer for Comic Books
- Comparison Chart Of Top Printer for Comic Books
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Top 3 Printer for Comic Books Reviews
- Related posts
Best Printer for Comic Books
List Of Printer for Comic Books
- HP DeskJet 2755 Wireless Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color Printer
- Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
Comparison Chart Of Top Printer for Comic Books
Most VersatileHP DeskJet 2755 Wireless Printer
MOST RELIABLEEpson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color Printer
MOST DURABLECanon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which Printer Is Best For Printing Comics?
The best comic book printing machine should have a great color range and print with incredible detail.
As such, we consider the HP DeskJet 2755 to be an excellent option, capable of high-resolution printing and producing subtle changes of shade.
The Canon Pixma MG3620 is also a wonderful choice, with a good color printing speed for when you want to churn the pages out.
Finally, the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 is the go-to option for anyone printing a lot, as the ink tank system will save you a lot of money while producing high-quality comic prints.
What Kind Of Paper Is Used For Printing Comic Books?
For comic book printing paper, it is better to use a thicker, heavier paper than the standard printing paper. This is to help keep the comic looking good and avoiding damage.
For color comic books, consider using a 60# or 70# matte paper. This paper will ensure durability without pushing the costs too high. If printing only in black and white, you can stick with a 60# matte.
Should you have a larger budget, you can also consider printing on 80# glossy paper. This print media will give a greatly enhanced finish.
Top 3 Printer for Comic Books Reviews
1. HP DeskJet 2755 Wireless Printer
- HP gives 50% cheaper ink rates.
- HP 67 ink series gives vibrant and lively pictures.
- HP smart app enables wireless printing in all sizes.
- Copying and scanning can also be done.
If you're printing a lot of superhero comics that are rich in colors, HP DeskJet 2755 is an excellent choice for you. The HP 67 Ink series gives vivid and authentic colors, giving your pictures a very lifelike look.
For the wide range of colors, you'll be requiring a huge amount of ink. HP helps you out in that aspect by providing you with cheaper monthly rates compared to other brands and reduce your costs by as much as 50% (only if you're using HP's ink).
The HP Smart app makes using this printer as easy as a cake! It comes with all kinds of features for you to comfortably print your comic books.
With the help of this app, you can directly print your illustrations from your Tablet or any wireless device you sketched them on.
You can customize different features, like the size of your pages, and also scan them back if you feel like making some changes. Moreover, you can store your work in different file storage services from the app.
- Great value for money
- Lightweight and stylish design
- Simple to set up
- Multiple connection options
- Requires app installation to work with smartphones
- Slower speeds for high-quality prints
2. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color Printer
- Ink set can print up to 7500 color pages.
- MicroPiezo inkjet technology produces brilliant, lifelike pictures.
- PrecisionCore technology makes performance smoother.
- Replacement ink sets can keep you covered for 2 years.
Leading the printing industry for more than five decades now, Epson has an impressive printer for any kind of printing you want to do. The ET-2720 is an outstanding product for printing comic books.
To start it off, the ink system which uses sets of ink bottles instead of cartridges is a big up for you. 4 ink bottles in each set can print 7500 color pages, which is almost the same as 80 cartridges!
Moreover, you can print endlessly since these ink sets come with replacement sets as well, so the EcoTank can keep you covered for a long time.
Keeping the economical aspect aside, the quality of the prints is amazing too. Integrated with MicroPiezo Inkjet technology, this color printer produces brilliant shades of the CMYK color spectrum, bringing life to your comic illustrations, with enhanced details and vibrancy.
PrecisionCore technology is also programmed into this device for smoother performance while printing and scanning and enables the printer to carry out borderless printing for 4"x6" sizes.
- EcoTank technology leads to huge savings on ink
- No ink cartridges to load up
- Better than similarly priced laser printers
- Simple wireless connectivity
- Wi-Fi antenna is not strong
- Manual two-sided printing
3. Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
- Can print on both sides of the paper automatically.
- Printed pictures have high resolutions of 4800×1200 DPI.
- Efficient color-printing speed of 5.7ppm.
- Easy wireless printing with AirPrint and Mopria.
If you're printing comics that will have illustrations on both sides of the pages, it can be quite difficult to manually arrange and handle the pages for proper printing. In comes MG3620 with the best solution ever!
The Canon MG3620 is integrated with this smart feature of printing on both sides of the page automatically with the proper instructions, saving you hours of effort.
Canon's efficient printing system boosts your productivity more by delivering 5.7 color images in a minute. Using their own Genuine Canon Ink can bring out the optimal performance of the printer. The quality of the images s of top standard and has maximum resolutions of 4800×1200 DPI.
Canon is well-known for how user-friendly their devices are. The Pixma MG3620 doesn't disappoint in that aspect either.
If you're self-publishing comic books, manually configuring and transferring your work from a PC can be quite time-consuming for you. This wireless printer's compatibility with AirPrint and Mopria enables you to print anytime, anywhere, from any wireless device, where you have your comics sketched out.
- Fantastic budget printer
- Easy set up even for the most technophobic
- Many connection options available
- Ink cartridges run out quickly
- Can jam if paper misaligned
Whether you're self-publishing or printing for another cartoonist, high-quality prints are a necessity for comic books. Illustrations play a major part in these books and showcasing them is a top priority, which is why very good printers are required.
While it's true that several features have to be looked into, a lot of exploration and analysis did make it a lot easier and helped us to bring you our suggestions of the best printer for comic books out there.