Are you exhausted from the noise your printer makes every single time it prints? It can get quite monotonous and annoying when it goes on like this for the whole day! Such a mood-destroyer!
Although noisy printers come with good speeds, these devices’ noises can be very repetitive and disturbing. Be it your home or your office; it can hamper everyone’s focus, leading to less productivity.
But, you have nothing to worry about! There are quieter printers with great speeds and features, just like the noisy ones, that will perfectly serve your purpose! This article will help you choose the best quiet printer for yourself for a peaceful, convenient environment while you work.
Comparison Chart Of Top Quiet Printer
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What type of printer is the fastest and most quiet?
Laser printers are the fastest and quietest printers out there.
Although the faster the printer, the more noise it’s supposed to make, laser printers outweigh that feature with their smooth and swift printing technology.
Laser printers use work by affixing the toner over the paper, while the inkjet and others work by print heads with microscopic holes and ink droplets, causing the inkjet printers to make more noise as the paper is being printed on.
What does a quiet mode do on a printer?
Quiet Mode is a great feature present in printers. This feature causes the printer to make significantly less or no noise at all. It does so by making the printer parts move slower, so there’s not too much friction, leading to almost no sound being produced.
This does hamper the printing speed of the printer, and prints will take longer to finish than usual. However, it doesn’t affect the quality of the output at all.
How do I activate quiet mode on my Canon printer?
The smart Canon printers come with a small user-friendly touchscreen for convenient printer configuration. Using the function buttons, you can find the “Quiet Setting” option.
Using the arrows on the right, you can select the “Use Quiet Mode” option and then select the “OK” button. This will activate the Quiet Mode on your Canon printer.
For some Canon printers, you might have to select an additional “Settings” option before finding the Quiet Mode feature.
What Is Quiet Mode On An Epson Printer?
Epson printers have a special mode that can significantly lower the amount of noise produced by the printer during printing. This mode is called “Quiet Mode”.
- Give your printer’s “Home” button a press.
- Navigate using the arrows on the printer to find “Printer Setup”.
- Choose “Quiet Mode”.
- Press “OK”.
- Select “ON”.
- Press “OK”.
- Finally, repress the“Home” button to finish.
Note: Quiet mode can reduce the printing speed.
How To Put An Hp Printer Into Quiet Mode?
To reduce the noise levels at your office or home while printing, you can use the “Quiet Mode” on your HP printer.
To turn on the “Quiet Mode”:
- Go to the printer’s “Control Panel”.
- Swipe left to find “Setup”.
- Touch “Preferences”.
- Tick the box next to “Quiet Mode”.
- Touch “OK” to save.
Note: The printing speed of your printer will reduce, but print quality will remain the same.
Top 5 Best Quiet Printer Reviews
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 Wireless Printer
- It can scan, copy and fax along with printing.
- The printer can print at very high resolutions of 4200 X 1200 DPI.
- It supports almost all kinds of paper, like envelopes and card stock.
- “Low noise mode” helps reduce noise.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 is a multi-functional printer that can also copy, scan and fax for you. It increases productivity while also saving a lot of money and resources.
The inkjet technology of the printer ensures high-quality printed output. The output resolution can go as high as 4200 X 1200 DPI, producing colorful pictures with precise details.
The HP 8025 can print at a decent speed of 20 ppm. Since it’s an inkjet printer, it will be accompanied by some noise while printing. However, this device has an excellent feature in “Low noise mode”, which reduces the constant sound while also reducing the speed a bit.
The OfficeJet Pro is highly compatible with lots of media. Plain paper, envelopes, and labels are common types of paper it can easily print on. It can also print on and scan different sizes of paper.
A small LCD screen allows you to save and execute commands more conveniently. The printer comes with built-in Wi-Fi, which helps to print wirelessly from phones and tablets smoothly.
- Color printer with four cartridge set up
- Borderless printing to a maximum of 8.5×11 inches
- Automatic duplex printing
- Fast print speeds for an inkjet
- Great output of up to 20,000 pages per month
- Wireless connectivity options include Apple AirPrint
- Louder than laser options
- Requires regular maintenance to keep running quickly
2. Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer, HLL2395DW
- Has a great printing speed of 36 ppm.
- Produces low, bearable sound levels around 30 dB.
- Printer also works as a copier and a scanner.
- Easily executable commands and Google Drive access using user-friendly screen.
Our next printer is a laser printer, which prints in black and white. It also comes with more than just the printing function. The HLL2395DW can also be used as a copier and a flatbed scanner, greatly enhancing its efficiency.
Since this Brother printer uses laser technology, it’s automatically quieter than our previous inkjet printer. It produces low sound volumes of 30dB, which is very bearable.
A printing speed of 36 pages per minute boosts the efficiency of the laser printer. It can also handle 250 pages in the tray and print on a wide range of paper sizes, from letter to A4 papers.
The HLL2395DW can comfortably print over wireless and Near Field Communications (NFC) connections. You can easily scan and print from all kinds of smartphones. AirPrint and Google Cloud Print are enabled along with Brother iPrint and Scan technologies.
It comes with a user-intuitive touchscreen, which you can use to deliver different commands, like scanning and printing, and access your Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Operates at 50 decibels
- Capable of high workload of 15,000 pages per month
- Prints on media up to 150gsm
- Wireless connectivity options including Apple AirPrint
- Works with Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Monochrome only, no color printing
- It can be difficult to set up
3. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer
- Prints at high resolutions of 2400 X 600 DPI.
- Very fast printing speeds of 27 pages per minute.
- Dual-sided printing is available along with the ADF feature.
- It makes a very little sound, and only while processing paper.
Our next quiet laser printer is another product of Brother. The HL-L2300D is another fantastic printer, which gives excellent black and white printed output. The prints can have resolutions as high as 2400 X 600 DPI, which is terrific for monochrome printers.
The printer comfortably prints at a rate of 27 pages per minute, and it can hold 250 pages in the tray. To make it even better, the printer also supports dual-sided printing and the ADF feature. It can automatically print both sides of the pages sequentially, saving you a lot of time and effort.
Apart from making very less sound while processing the paper before printing, the Brother HL-L2300D works very swiftly and silently. It produces similar sound levels to the previous Brother printer, around 31 dB.
Toner Saver mode helps to conserve toner and ensures less wastage. Strong USB ports ensure fast connectivity of the printer to desktops and laptops for proper printing. It also has excellent compatibility with all versions of Windows.
- Operates at 53 decibels
- Energy-efficient printer with ENERGY STAR qualification
- It comes with Toner Save Mode
- Can print up to 10,000 pages per month
- High yield toner can print up to 2600 pages
- Monochrome only, no color printing
- USB cables not included
4. Canon Image Class MF445dw Duplex Laser Printer
- Has an amazing speed of 40 pages per minute.
- The printer has an enormous capacity of 900 pages.
- It can carry out dual-sided printing and double-sided scanning.
- “Sleep mode” makes the printer totally silent.
With multiple features of scanning, faxing and copying along with printing, the Canon MF445dw is a very cost-efficient laser printer. This monochrome printer gives high-quality output at a stunning rate of 40 pages per minute!
The MF445dw can hold 900 pages in its tray at a time! This is an incredible feature as you can quiet, long print sessions without any need to refill or change.
It scans all kinds of images and documents and can scan 70 black-and-white pictures per minute! This is possible because of the dual-sided printing and one-pass duplex scanning features of the printer.
This laser printer produces less noise, to begin with, but you can decrease that even more by using the “Sleep mode” feature, where it’s totally silent, unlike a lot of other noisy printers.
A small LCD-screen is also attached to the printer, which eases giving commands and carrying out a lot of the printer functions. Unlike our last printer, the MF445dw has a great wireless system installed inside, and printing wireless is a piece of cake!
- Quick duplex printing of 32ppm
- Maximum print media size of 8.5×14 inches
- It comes with a duplex scanner
- Wireless connectivity options
- Works with both Windows and macOS
- Louder than Brother printers
- A lower monthly duty cycle of 4000 pages
5. Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 Wireless Color Photo Printer
- The printer has an ADF feature that has a capacity of 30 sheets.
- 5 Claria ink tanks produce vibrant and long-lasting outputs.
- The printer has an efficient speed of 15.8ppm.
- Wi-Fi Direct feature can be used to print in the absence of the internet.
Our last printer on the list is an inkjet one. The inkjet technology works to provide excellent quality picture output, with intricate color details and sharpness. Its Plus Sharp feature and 5 Claria ink cartridges enhance image quality, making it brighter and clearer.
The Claria ink cartridges also provide longevity and prevent the colors on the output from becoming dull.
This printer also comes with the ADF feature. It can take 30 sheets at one time and supports both dual-sided printing and scanning. Its speed of 15.8 ppm boosts the printer’s efficiency.
Epson can also print on a wide range of media. It also works compatibly with various sizes of paper, including borderless photos. The small, user-friendly screen on the printer enables you to control functions more easily and quickly.
The XP-7100 comes with various connectivity options. Besides built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet ports, you can also print without an internet connection using the Wi-Fi Direct feature from phones and tablets.
- Very quiet for an inkjet printer
- Five color cartridge configuration
- Borderless printing up to 8.5×11 inches
- Automatic duplex printing (4.9ppm in color)
- Two input trays – one for smaller paper, one for larger
- Wireless connectivity options and SD card slot
- Won’t print with 3rd party cartridges
- Slower print speeds than other printers
Quiet Printer Buying Guide
Quiet printers are important, especially for a busy workplace or a home office where others may use the printer, but you don’t want to be disturbed. In this guide, we will briefly look at some important features of the printer you will buy.
1. Inkjet or laser
Laser printers generally operate at quieter levels than inkjet printers. This is especially true when we are talking about the larger, faster inkjet printers.
The difference is the amount of noise produced comes from the way each type of printer operates. An inkjet printer has a moving arm that aids the spraying of ink – this arm is where most of the noise comes from.
There is no moving arm with a laser printer as the toner is melted onto the page as the paper passes through the printer.
2. Print Speed
The faster a printer is required to print, the louder the process tends to be.
For example, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8925 can print at 20 pages per minute and is up to 20 decibels higher than the Epson Expression Premium XP-7100, which has a maximum speed of 15 pages per minute.
In terms of laser printers, you can expect the Canon imageCLASS MF445dw to be louder when printing 40 pages per minute than the Brother HL-L2300D operating at 27 pages per minute. In fact, the Canon printer will run 15 decibels higher, being the loudest printer we have on the list.
3. Decibel levels
If you can find a printer with a quiet mode, that is your best option. However, you’ll find that most printers have been designed to operate at a decibel level lower than two people having an ordinary conversation (60 decibels).
The quietest printers on our list (while printing) are the Brother HL-L2300D which operates at 53dB, and the Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 which runs at 43dB.
Epson’s printer runs more quietly because it is a small printer suitable for a home office. If you want a printer for a larger workplace, the Brother option should be taken.
Quiet printers are essential for all sorts of workplaces where productivity or silence is required. It can be a library or an office workplace; noisy printers can really hamper focus and concentration.
But, finding the best quiet printer can be a drag. They come with complications like being peacefully quiet but significantly lower speeds.
Considering all the important factors that a quiet printer must have, we have come up with the list of the quietest but fast and productive printers for your most convenient experience.