If you’re an older person, you’d know how frustrating it is to keep up with the new technology that’s upgrading every day like rapid fire. Printers with complex functions and controls can make using them difficult and annoying.
Even with the upgrading technology, there are still simple printers for seniors out there that are smart, but with easy configuration. Written with the help of thousands of specialist suggestions and reliable user reviews, this article will make it easier for you to decide on the best printer for senior citizens.
List Of Top Printer for Senior Citizens
- HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-One Wireless Color Printer
- Brother MFC-L8900CDW Color Printer
- Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw Wireless Printer
- KODAK Step Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Printer
Comparison Chart Of Top Printer for Senior Citizens
|HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Wireless Printer||• Technology: Inkjet
• Speed (black): 22 ppm
• ADF: Yes (35 sheets)
• Functions: Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
|Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-One Wireless Color Printer||• Technology: Inkjet
• Speed (black): 10.3 ppm
• Paper Tray Capacity: 100 pages
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
|Brother MFC-L8900CDW Color Printer||• Technology: Laser
• Speed (black): 33 ppm
• Paper Tray Capacity: 1300 pages
• Maximum Print Volume: 6500/replacement toner cartridge
|Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw Wireless Printer||• Technology: Laser
• Duty cycle: 8000 pages/month
• Functions: Print
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Canon Print App
|KODAK Step Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Printer||• Technology: ZINK technology
• Weight: 258g/0.57lb
• Ink cartridges/Toner: Absent
• Media type: Glossy photo paper
Top 5 Best Printer for Senior Citizens Reviews
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Wireless Printer
One of the leading names in the printing industry for a long time now, HP’s 9015 inkjet printer is an excellent choice for all the senior citizens out there.
It prints at a very fast rate of 22 pages in a minute, and older people wouldn’t have to wait for too long for the printing to finish.
Having to manually change sides of the sheets to print on both sides can be quite arduous for old citizens. The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) helps to eliminate that by automatically printing on both sides of the paper in perfect arrangement, for as many as 35 sheets at a time.
They can easily fax documents and pictures to other people with the HP OfficeJet Pro, which also comes with additional scanning and copying features.
With the limited income, it can be difficult for the senior people to cover the huge costs of replacing ink. HP gives a convenient option of registering for HP Instant Ink, which will provide free HP 962 ink for the first 4 months right at their doorstep.
- A super-fast printing speed of 22 ppm.
- ADF enables dual-sided printing.
- Scanning, copying, and faxing are also possible.
- Free ink for the first 4 months with HP Instant Ink.
2. Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-One Wireless Color Printer
Coming with a small LCD touchscreen with simple controls, the Epson WF-2830 is a very easy-to-use printer for seniors. The touchscreen comes with printing, scanning, copying, and faxing functions; all of these can be done with just one click, which makes it all the more convenient for our seniors.
Epson printers are well-known for their high-quality printouts. The WF-2830 works best with original Epson cartridges and produces beautiful and colorful pictures.
The cartridges also have black Clarian ink, which makes the texts very sharp and easier to read for the older generation.
Moreover, this Epson color printer helps to save a lot on ink expenses, as it provides separate ink cartridges. Generally, the whole cartridge set needs to be replaced, but for the WF-2830, only the colors that are in low level can be refilled, which is a more cost-efficient option.
The Workforce WF-2830 is the simplest printer on our list, and is programmed with Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) technology; the senior citizens can conveniently print with voice commands.
- LCD touchscreen makes using the printer very simple.
- Black Clarian ink gives sharp, easy-to-read texts.
- Ink cartridges can be replaced separately, saving a lot of expenses.
- Printing can be easily done over voice commands.
3. Brother MFC-L8900CDW Color Laser Printer
Brother’s laser printers have always been at the highest standards, printing smoothly and perfectly. It prints both black-and-white and color pages at 33 pages per minute!
An entire 300-page book can be printed in less than 10 minutes, which is great because waiting for a long time is not something elderly people like doing!
The ADF tray of this efficient device can work with 70 pages at a time. It can automatically print on both sides of the paper in the perfect sequence, cutting down on a huge amount of effort.
Brother provides their toner cartridge, Brother Genuine toner, which has an incredible print volume of 6500 pages! Endless printing can be done without having to change the toner frequently, saving both time and money.
Furthermore, the MFC-L8900CDW comes with an initial paper tray capacity of 250 pages. However, the tray can be extended to fit in as many as 1300 sheets! The elderly can print comfortably without having to go through the hassle of refilling the tray after every few prints.
- 33 pages, both color and black-and-white, can be printed in a minute.
- ADF has a 70-sheet capacity.
- Brother Genuine toner prints up to 6500 pages.
- The Paper tray can be extended to hold 1300 sheets.
4. Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw Wireless Laser Printer
Whether it’s for themselves, or their children and grandchildren, the Canon LBP6230 is the perfect printer for senior citizens to print beautiful photos in high-quality.
This color printer has print resolutions of 2400×600 DPI, and the Canon’s Genuine toner (Cartridge 126) prints pictures with enhanced vibrancy and precise details.
Moreover, the toner and the drum work in a combined manner as one component, so their replacement is simple and inexpensive.
The Canon Print App makes it one of the most user-friendly printers, as lots of functions can be carried out using the app. All kinds of photos and documents, of various file types, can be printed using the Canon app, from any webpage.
Connecting the printer to a PC and configuring may not be in the best interests of the senior people, and the Canon Print app makes it much simpler.
Moreover, a maximum printing volume of 8000 pages/month means huge volumes of printing can be easily done, without the worries of it breaking down or jamming.
- Incredible printing resolutions of 2400×600 DPI.
- Canon Print App eases printing of all files, from anywhere.
- Maximum monthly printing volume of 8000 pages.
- Toner and drum work as one component, so replacement is simple.
5. KODAK Step Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Printer
The easiest printer to set up on our list, the KODAK photo mini printer is an excellent choice for aged people. The KODAK Step Prints App and a simple Bluetooth or NFC connection are all that’s required to connect the printer to any Android or Apple device!
This KODAK printer is integrated with ZINK technology, which uses dye crystals instead of ink cartridges and toners.
Money wouldn’t need to be spent on expensive ink cartridges, which is a big up for elderly people who have restricted income sources.
Along with enhanced vividness and color features of the photos, this technology also prevents damage by smudging or moisture, making them last longer.
The small, tiny size of this photo printer makes it the easiest printer to use for old people. It weighs less than 260 kg or 1 pound and can be carried around everywhere. They can simply take pictures with their phones, and directly print 2”x3” versions of those pictures.
- Zero-Ink technology uses no cartridges or toners, saving a lot of costs.
- ZINK technology prints vivid pictures, resistant to smudging and damage.
- Weighs less than 1 pound, easy to carry around.
- Very simple installation process, using KODAK app and Bluetooth.
Elderly people already have it difficult with certain health complications. The last thing they want is more complexities in the devices they use.
To help them in enjoying their time more rather than wasting it in trying to understand how a complex device works, we’ve brought to you a small list of the best printer for senior citizens, which will serve their purpose without being an inconvenience.