Solvent ink printers produce beautiful photos and colorful pictures that catch our eye. However, this beauty comes at a cost. The chemicals involved with solvent printing, like toluene and toxic cyclohexane, are dangerously injurious to our health. These can be a huge cause of conditions like bronchitis and emphysema.
What if we told you that you could get the same vibrant and rich pictures, without harming yourself or the environment? Made from natural resources, eco-solvent printers do the perfect job for you at greater resolutions, and don’t produce any bad smell either!
Several features need to be kept in mind though, to find the perfect environment-friendly printer. So, without further ado, come join us, dear reader, in the hunt for your best Eco Solvent printer.
List Of Top Eco Solvent Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer
- Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Supertank Printer
- Epson Workforce WF-2830 Wireless Color Printer
Comparison Chart Of Top Eco Solvent Printer
|Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer||• Ink system: Ink tanks
• ADF: Yes (30 sheets)
• Print volume (color): 6000 pages/set
• Functions: Print, Copy, Fax, Scan.
|Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer||• Ink system: Cartridges
• Speed (black): 8.7ppm
• Type of Media: Plain paper, Envelopes, Glossy Photo Paper
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, NFC
|Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Printer||• Ink system: Ink tanks
• ADF: Yes (30 sheets)
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet.
• Functions: Print, Copy, Scan
|Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Supertank Printer||• Ink system: Ink tanks
• Type of Media: Plain Paper.
• Print volume (color): 7500 pages/set
• Functions: Print, Copy, Scan.
|Epson Workforce WF-2830 Wireless Color Printer||• Ink system: Cartridges
• ADF: Yes (30 sheets)
• Speed (black): 10.3ppm
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What printers use eco-solvent ink?
Many printers can work with eco-solvent inks. Generally, these printers are programmed with inkjet technology and can be used as wide-format as well as short-format printers.
Epson, Roland, and Mutoh currently make the top eco-solvent printers.
What is the most eco-friendly printer?
The most environment-friendly printers must consume relatively much less power and cut down on your ink costings. They should ensure reduced emission of harmful gases and chemicals and come with certification from Energy Star.
For small homes, the multi-functional Epson WorkForce WP-3450 is a great choice, while for large offices, the Epson All-In-One EcoTank and HP Smart Tank do a fine job.
What is an eco-solvent printer?
Eco-solvent printers are environment-friendly solvent printers that consist of solvents that are made from natural resources, like latex, mixed with the inks, unlike solvent printers, which use volatile organic compounds.
Thus, eco-solvent printers produce almost no odor or gases and chemicals that can affect you and the environment, making them pleasing to use.
Top 5 Best Eco Solvent Printers Reviews
1. Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer
If you print in huge volumes every day, saving time and expenditure on ink must be of high priority to you. The EcoTank ET-4760 makes printing very cost-efficient while saving huge amounts of time for you with the excellent features it possesses.
Firstly, this eco solvent inkjet printer works with Eco tanks rather than the traditional ink cartridges. Even though cartridges are less expensive than ink bottles, these ink tanks print much greater volumes of pages and are profitable for you in the long run.
You wouldn’t have the tension of buying ink frequently; Epson’s each ink set contains 4 bottles of ink, which prints outstanding volumes of 6000 color pages.
This Epson desktop eco solvent printer saves you even more time and money with its Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) feature. It can take 30 sheets at a time, and automatically carry out all kinds of functions, like printing on both sides of the paper, scanning, and even faxing documents, boosting your productivity immensely.
- Functions as a scanner, copier and faxing machine too.
- Ink tanks instead of cartridges are more profitable in the long run.
- Each ink set can print 6000 color pages.
- ADF feature allows automatic scanning, faxing, and duplex-printing.
2. Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
Epson is well-known all over the world for its inkjet printers. The WorkForce WF-7710 is another unique product that can comfortably scan, copy, and fax besides printing. You can directly start printing after you’re faxed documents and pictures, saving you the hassle.
The fact that the printer uses up very little power, almost 80% lesser than color laser printers, makes it great as an eco-solvent printer. Moreover, it also reduces your bills.
The DURABrite Ultra ink cartridges are well-known by now for their brilliantly enhanced color prints. The ink also ensures there’s no discoloration of your pictures and protects them from water damage.
Epson has also programmed PrecisionCore technology into this small eco solvent printer. This technology helps you to print on a wide range of sizes, especially without borders and helps to attain proper, accurate sizes.
The WF-7710 can hold half a ream in its paper tray without a problem. You can also fit several photo papers and envelopes. You can comfortably work for longer hours without having to replace paper now and then.
- The printer uses almost 80% lesser power than laser color printers.
- DURABrite Ultra ink cartridges prevent discoloration of the picture.
- PrecisionCore technology enables easy borderless printing.
- The paper tray holds 250 sheets, as well as photo papers and envelopes.
3. Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Printer | small format eco solvent printer
The absence of cartridges is a huge boost in becoming the perfect eco-solvent printer, and ET-3760 goes for just that! Ink tanks are used instead of cartridges, which comes with a number of advantages.
Ink tanks have a much lower cost per color expense compared to cartridges. Additionally, each ink set prints up-to 7000 pages, saving you a huge amount of money.
This eco solvent-based printer is programmed with PrecisionCore technology, which lets you print various sizes of borderless images with exact dimensions. Moreover, this impressive technology uses over 30 million dots for precise ink placement and sharper, more detailed output.
With printing speeds better than the average home printer, the ET-3760 is also capable of double-sided printing and scanning, thanks to the ADF functionality. It has a 30-sheet slot on its tray and can cut down a lot of your manual work.
Lastly, this small format eco-solvent printer comfortably prints various sizes of paper, with the legal paper being the limit.
- PrecisionCore technology delivers precise and vivid pictures.
- Ink tanks have a much lower cost per color than cartridges.
- ADF takes 30 sheets and carries out functions automatically.
- Prints on many sizes of paper, up-to legal-sized paper.
4. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Supertank Printer | epson desktop eco solvent printer
Coming with huge similarities with the previous Epson EcoTank printers, the ET-2720 is no different when it comes to ink tanks. The C/BK/Y/M ink sets produce outstanding colors, making the printed output stand out.
One ink bottle from the ink sets can print as much as 80 other ink cartridges! These ink tanks are highly cost-efficient and can print a whopping 7500 color pages, the highest of the lot.
You can carry out multiple other functions, like scanning and copying, using one device. This saves a lot of space and money for you and makes it easier to do the work.
This eco solvent desktop printer makes printing simpler by providing multiple connectivity options. Powerful Wi-Fi system inside readily responds to wireless commands from all Apple and Android devices.
In the absence of internet, you can set up Wi-Fi Direct connections as well. Furthermore, the ET-2720’s great compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant lets you print and scan over voice commands.
- One ink bottle from the ink tank prints as much as 80 ink cartridges.
- 4 ink bottles in a set can print up to 7500 color pages.
- Wide range of connectivity using Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct.
- Printing and scanning can be done over voice commands.
5. Epson Workforce WF-2830 Wireless Color Printer
As you might’ve observed, Epson is the king of eco-solvent printers, and rightly so! Their printers are by far the least harmful and most environment-friendly printers out there.
Even though the Workforce WF-2830 works with cartridges instead of Ecotanks, it is programmed with smart technology that ensures reduced emission of greenhouse gases and other chemicals that can cause air pollution. There’s no odor and power is consumed as efficiently as possible.
Original Epson cartridges will bring the best out of the WF-2830, but it’s still compatible with other cartridges. The ink coming with the original Epson cartridge has great quality, boosting the color features of pictures. Black Clarian ink gives a sharp and crystal clear printout.
An impressive printing speed of 10.7 pages in a minute coupled with a 30-sheets-handling ADF property add to the productive characteristics of this printer, helping you print in large volumes over a short period without much effort.
This smart eco-solvent printer can be easily installed and controlled using the user-friendly touchscreen on its body. You can give printing and scanning commands simply with just a few clicks!
- Smart technology reduces emission of greenhouse gases and harmful chemicals.
- Black Clarian ink delivers sharp and clean output.
- Can print at a decent rate of 10.7 ppm.
- Easily configurable using the user-friendly touchscreen.
Solvent and eco-solvent printers are being widely used all over the world today. Be it for printing normal documents or large posters, eco-solvent printers are a much safer option for you and our Earth. They also print at higher resolutions.
However, figuring out the right printer for yourself can be arduous, as there are hundreds and thousands of eco-printers out there. Our job is to make your lives easier and we’ve brought to you our best suggestions with comparison (after days of endless hard work), to help you decide on your best eco-solvent printer.