Solvent ink printers produce beautiful photos and colorful pictures that catch our eye. However, this beauty comes at a cost. The chemicals involved with solvent printing, like toluene and toxic cyclohexane, are dangerously injurious to our health. These can be a huge cause of conditions like bronchitis and emphysema.
What if we told you that you could get the same vibrant and rich pictures, without harming yourself or the environment? Made from natural resources, eco-solvent printers do the perfect job for you at greater resolutions, and don't produce any bad smell either!
Several features need to be kept in mind though, to find the perfect environment-friendly printer. So, without further ado, come join us, dear reader, in the hunt for your best Eco Solvent printer.
Editor's Recommendation: Top Eco Solvent Printer 2022 Top Picks
- Bestseller No. 1
- Bestseller No. 2
- Bestseller No. 3
- Bestseller No. 4
- Bestseller No. 5
- Bestseller No. 6
- Editor's Recommendation: Top Eco Solvent Printer 2022 Top Picks
- List Of Top Eco Solvent Printer
- Comparison Chart Of Top Eco Solvent Printer
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Top 6 Best Eco Solvent Printers Reviews
- Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer
- Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Printer | small format eco solvent printer
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Supertank Printer | epson desktop eco solvent printer
- Epson Workforce WF-2830 Wireless Color Printer
- Epson Ecotank ET-4700 Inkjet Printer
- Eco Solvent Printer FAQs
- Can this be used for sublimation for shirts or does it have to be converted?
- Does ET-4700 printer print 1114?
- Does Epson Ecotank have feature of faxing?
- Can we connect the Epson Ecotank with smart phone?
- Does the Epson Ecotank have feature of double side printing?
- Can I use the Epson Ecotank with Linux operating system?
- What are the other accessories in the box of the Epson Ecotank when we receive?
- Does the Epson Ecotank comes with ink I side the tank?
- What quality of ink we can use in the Epson Ecotank?
- Does the Epson Ecotank work with a hard wire to computer?
- Does the Epson Ecotank works with WIFI 5g?
- Can we use sublimation ink in the Epson Ecotank?
- For the Epson Ecotank solvent printer, What to do if I see the dark lines in my printout even after cleaning the print head?
- Is warranting available for the Epson Ecotank?
- Doesthe Epson Ecotank have feature of double sided printing?
- Does the Epson Ecotank cost much for photo printing?
- Does the Epson Ecotank provide a good quality printing?
- Is the solve printer Epson Ecotank moveable easily?
- What about the speed of the Epson Ecotank when we are printing many photos at a time?
- Is Epson ET- 4700 has a professional color accuracy?
- Is there any mobile app of the Epson Ecotank which is capable of printing the text files?
- Why I should prefer to buy the Epson Ecotank?
- Does the Epson solvent Ecotank printer have Ethernet connection feature?
- Is the Epson Ecotank has any external storage support?
- What To Look For When Buying An Eco Solvent Printer
- Conclusion for Eco Solvent Printer Buyers
- Related posts
Comparison Chart Of Top Eco Solvent Printer
| || |
Our Top Pick
Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer
| || Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer |
| || Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Printer |
| || Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Supertank Printer |
| || Epson Workforce WF-2830 Wireless Color Printer |
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What printers use eco-solvent ink?
Many printers can work with eco-solvent inks. Generally, these printers are programmed with inkjet technology and can be used as wide-format as well as short-format printers.
Epson, Roland, and Mutoh currently make the top eco-solvent printers.
What is the most eco-friendly printer?
The most environment-friendly printers must consume relatively much less power and cut down on your ink costings. They should ensure reduced emission of harmful gases and chemicals and come with certification from Energy Star.
For small homes, the multi-functional Epson WorkForce WP-3450 is a great choice, while for large offices, the Epson All-In-One EcoTank and HP Smart Tank do a fine job.
What is an eco-solvent printer?
Eco-solvent printers are environment-friendly solvent printers that consist of solvents that are made from natural resources, like latex, mixed with the inks, unlike solvent printers, which use volatile organic compounds.
Thus, eco-solvent printers produce almost no odor or gases and chemicals that can affect you and the environment, making them pleasing to use.
Top 6 Best Eco Solvent Printers Reviews
1. Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer
If you print in huge volumes every day, saving time and expenditure on ink must be of high priority to you. The EcoTank ET-4760 makes printing very cost-efficient while saving huge amounts of time for you with the excellent features it possesses.
Firstly, this eco solvent inkjet printer works with Eco tanks rather than the traditional ink cartridges. Even though cartridges are less expensive than ink bottles, these ink tanks print much greater volumes of pages and are profitable for you in the long run.
You wouldn't have the tension of buying ink frequently; Epson's each ink set contains 4 bottles of ink, which prints outstanding volumes of 6000 color pages.
This Epson desktop eco solvent printer saves you even more time and money with its Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) feature. It can take 30 sheets at a time, and automatically carry out all kinds of functions, like printing on both sides of the paper, scanning, and even faxing documents, boosting your productivity immensely.
- Functions as a scanner, copier and faxing machine too.
- Ink tanks instead of cartridges are more profitable in the long run.
- Each ink set can print 6000 color pages.
- ADF feature allows automatic scanning, faxing, and duplex-printing.
- The printer build is not particularly sturdy
- Slow print speed when considering the price
2. Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
Epson is well-known all over the world for its inkjet printers. The WorkForce WF-7710 is another unique product that can comfortably scan, copy, and fax besides printing. You can directly start printing after you're faxed documents and pictures, saving you the hassle.
The fact that the printer uses up very little power, almost 80% lesser than color laser printers, makes it great as an eco-solvent printer. Moreover, it also reduces your bills.
The DURABrite Ultra ink cartridges are well-known by now for their brilliantly enhanced color prints. The ink also ensures there's no discoloration of your pictures and protects them from water damage.
Epson has also programmed PrecisionCore technology into this small eco solvent printer. This technology helps you to print on a wide range of sizes, especially without borders and helps to attain proper, accurate sizes.
The WF-7710 can hold half a ream in its paper tray without a problem. You can also fit several photo papers and envelopes. You can comfortably work for longer hours without having to replace paper now and then.
- The printer uses almost 80% lesser power than laser color printers.
- DURABrite Ultra ink cartridges prevent discoloration of the picture.
- PrecisionCore technology enables easy borderless printing.
- The paper tray holds 250 sheets, as well as photo papers and envelopes.
- Can experience some software issues
- Better for document printing than creative work
3. Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Printer | small format eco solvent printer
The absence of cartridges is a huge boost in becoming the perfect eco-solvent printer, and ET-3760 goes for just that! Ink tanks are used instead of cartridges, which comes with a number of advantages.
Ink tanks have a much lower cost per color expense compared to cartridges. Additionally, each ink set prints up-to 7000 pages, saving you a huge amount of money.
This eco solvent-based printer is programmed with PrecisionCore technology, which lets you print various sizes of borderless images with exact dimensions. Moreover, this impressive technology uses over 30 million dots for precise ink placement and sharper, more detailed output.
With printing speeds better than the average home printer, the ET-3760 is also capable of double-sided printing and scanning, thanks to the ADF functionality. It has a 30-sheet slot on its tray and can cut down a lot of your manual work.
Lastly, this small format eco-solvent printer comfortably prints various sizes of paper, with the legal paper being the limit.
- PrecisionCore technology delivers precise and vivid pictures.
- Ink tanks have a much lower cost per color than cartridges.
- ADF takes 30 sheets and carries out functions automatically.
- Prints on many sizes of paper, up-to legal-sized paper.
- The software has to be downloaded and is fairly basic
- Can experience Wi-Fi disconnection issues
4. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Supertank Printer | epson desktop eco solvent printer
Coming with huge similarities with the previous Epson EcoTank printers, the ET-2720 is no different when it comes to ink tanks. The C/BK/Y/M ink sets produce outstanding colors, making the printed output stand out.
One ink bottle from the ink sets can print as much as 80 other ink cartridges! These ink tanks are highly cost-efficient and can print a whopping 7500 color pages, the highest of the lot.
You can carry out multiple other functions, like scanning and copying, using one device. This saves a lot of space and money for you and makes it easier to do the work.
This eco solvent desktop printer makes printing simpler by providing multiple connectivity options. Powerful Wi-Fi system inside readily responds to wireless commands from all Apple and Android devices.
In the absence of internet, you can set up Wi-Fi Direct connections as well. Furthermore, the ET-2720's great compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant lets you print and scan over voice commands.
- One ink bottle from the ink tank prints as much as 80 ink cartridges.
- 4 ink bottles in a set can print up to 7500 color pages.
- Wide range of connectivity using Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct.
- Printing and scanning can be done over voice commands.
- Small front screen
- It doesn't have automatic duplex printing
5. Epson Workforce WF-2830 Wireless Color Printer
As you might've observed, Epson is the king of eco-solvent printers, and rightly so! Their printers are by far the least harmful and most environment-friendly printers out there.
Even though the Workforce WF-2830 works with cartridges instead of Ecotanks, it is programmed with smart technology that ensures reduced emission of greenhouse gases and other chemicals that can cause air pollution. There's no odor and power is consumed as efficiently as possible.
Original Epson cartridges will bring the best out of the WF-2830, but it's still compatible with other cartridges. The ink coming with the original Epson cartridge has great quality, boosting the color features of pictures. Black Clarian ink gives a sharp and crystal clear printout.
An impressive printing speed of 10.7 pages in a minute coupled with a 30-sheets-handling ADF property add to the productive characteristics of this printer, helping you print in large volumes over a short period without much effort.
This smart eco-solvent printer can be easily installed and controlled using the user-friendly touchscreen on its body. You can give printing and scanning commands simply with just a few clicks!
- Smart technology reduces emission of greenhouse gases and harmful chemicals.
- Black Clarian ink delivers sharp and clean output.
- Can print at a decent rate of 10.7 ppm.
- Easily configurable using the user-friendly touchscreen.
- It can be difficult when setting up
- Requires frequent cartridge changes
6. Epson Ecotank ET-4700 Inkjet Printer - Link
The Epson ET-4700 Inkjet printer is certified and testes product. It works efficiently like a new printer. The printer is shipped with all the accessories that are mentioned and relevant to the product. The product is good for variety of uses. The small size printer can easily fit on desks of students or small offices. The cost of one print is low. The multi page documents can scan easily.
- The printer is very light weight. It's easy to move from one place to another. Its size is also small that makes it easy to fit on desks and in small offices.
- The printer is taller than others because it has automatic document printer in it.
- The printer has a scanner lid that helps to scan multiple pages at one time like magazines or books
- Due to its unique design, it is easy to access the ink tanks and to load the paper
- The display panel of the printer is mediocre. No matter you are standing or sitting, it display is visible to you.
- It has capacity of four inks. You can refill them easily by yourself.
- Always use the high quality ink in the tanks because low quality inks can damage the print heads
- This printer has the ability to scan long documents in a very less time.
- This printer is perfect choice for office work and house use
- The color accuracy of this printer is good and reliable. It has mediocre color accuracy. It might be good, but not perfect. It is good for simple color documents. It doesn't work perfectly for professionals who want high quality of color printing
- Sublimation ink can be used in this printer. It does not give any damage to the printer
- The cost is very low per print. Low cast is for both color and black documents
- Has capacity of using four inks
- Multiple uses, it can be used as a scanner, printer, for fax purpose and copy
- 100 sheets can be fitted in paper tray at a time
- Can be used with wireless connection like WIFI, or connect with high speed USB
- For every color, it has separate cartridges
- It comes with the bottle of inks that you add after unboxing the printer. Read the direction carefully when adding the ink and let it run its cycle. Otherwise it will waste your ink
- This product is available in minimum 2 year warranty. It also has customer support. If you have any problem using the printer, you can ask for support.
- There is no option for external storage
- The speed of printing photos is very slow
- The printer has lacking of automatic duplex printing
- This printer can't use with Linux operating system.
Eco Solvent Printer FAQs
Can this be used for sublimation for shirts or does it have to be converted?
You have to put sublimation ink in it. It does a nice job. It was little messy getting the ink in the printer but once it was in there were no other problems.
Does ET-4700 printer print 1114?
On width, 8.5 is the limit. Go up to 40 in height. You must get a good photo paper for excellent prints. It did it very well. Ultra vivid color no problem for it. You are going to love it after that.
Does Epson Ecotank have feature of faxing?
Yes, this printer has feature of faxing, printing, copying and scanning.
Can we connect the Epson Ecotank with smart phone?
Yes, you can connect this printer with your smart phone. This can also be connected with WIFI and high speed USB.
Does the Epson Ecotank have feature of double side printing?
No, this printing machine doesn't have the capability of double side printing.
Can I use the Epson Ecotank with Linux operating system?
No, this printer can't use with Linux operating system.
What are the other accessories in the box of the Epson Ecotank when we receive?
You receive the printer with its setup guide and ink bottles.
Does the Epson Ecotank comes with ink I side the tank?
It comes with the bottle of inks that you add after unboxing the printer. Read the direction carefully when adding the ink and let it run its cycle. Otherwise it will waste your ink.
What quality of ink we can use in the Epson Ecotank?
Always prefer to use high quality ink in the printer. The low quality ink can damage the print heads. Never compromise on the quality of ink.
Does the Epson Ecotank work with a hard wire to computer?
Yes, it does work with a hard wire to computer. It has both USB and Ethernet. Both options are available. Select on that you want.
Does the Epson Ecotank works with WIFI 5g?
The XP-7100 or any Epson printer only supports 2.4 GHz frequency. If you are using a 5 GHz wireless router, set the router to operate in dual band mode. My router is in dual band mode and works fine with Epson 400 printer.
Can we use sublimation ink in the Epson Ecotank?
Yes, you can use sublimation ink in this printer. It does not give any damage to the printer.
For the Epson Ecotank solvent printer, What to do if I see the dark lines in my printout even after cleaning the print head?
If you see the missing nozzles or dark lines in printout, you printer need power cleaning. After the printer power cleaning is done, don't run the printer at least for 12 hours. Turn off the product and wait for 12 hours.
Check the ink levels before you run power cleaning. If they are low, this can cause damage to product. Follow all instruction that are given on LCD screen and run power cleaning.
You can contact customer support, if power cleaning doesn't solve your problem.
Is warranting available for the Epson Ecotank?
Yes, this product is available in minimum 2 year warranty. It also has customer support. If you have any problem using the printer, you can ask for support.
Doesthe Epson Ecotank have feature of double sided printing?
This printer doesn't have the automatic double sided printing feature. If you want the double side printing, you have to change the side manually.
Does the Epson Ecotank cost much for photo printing?
No, it doesn't cost much if you want to print the photos from this printer. If you compare it with other printers, you will find it cheap than others.
Does the Epson Ecotank provide a good quality printing?
Yes, it provides you a good quality of printing. You can trust this printer on quality issue. It is much better than other local printers. It doesn't high even. You will find a good quality in low price.
Is the solve printer Epson Ecotank moveable easily?
Yes, it is very easy to move it. This printer is very light weight. You can move it from one place to other easily. Its size is also very convenient to place it on student's desks. You can fit it anywhere in small offices or houses. It does not take much space.
What about the speed of the Epson Ecotank when we are printing many photos at a time?
Unfortunately, its speed is not good while printing photos. You will have to wait a little long. Its speed is also slow while printing colored or black documents. There are some other printers whose printing speed is good even in photo printing. If you want a fast speed printer who print heap of documents in no time, choose the other one. They may cast you high but work fast. This printer costs you low but its speed of printing is also slow.
Is Epson ET- 4700 has a professional color accuracy?
The color accuracy of this printer is good and reliable. It has mediocre color accuracy. It might be good, but not perfect. It is good for simple color documents. It doesn't work perfectly for professionals who want high quality of color printing.
Is there any mobile app of the Epson Ecotank which is capable of printing the text files?
Yes, this printer has software with the name of Epson iprint. It is a mobile app. This has capability of printing text files. You just need to convert them PDF first. It is remarkable software. This app is accessible on android also. This will help you to scan PDF files, copy photos, and print them directly via this app. The maintenance tasks can also be done by this app.
Why I should prefer to buy the Epson Ecotank?
When you compare it with other printers, you will find it safest and cheapest as compare to others. It's cheaper to refill the ink tank. It is small in size, easily adjustable in offices, houses and student's desks. You can connect it with WIFI. It is lightweight, easy to move. You can print 100 pages in no time.
Does the Epson solvent Ecotank printer have Ethernet connection feature?
Yes, it has an Ethernet connection. This feature makes this printer suitable for office use.
Is the Epson Ecotank has any external storage support?
No, this printer doesn't have any external storage feature. Due to this you can't print anything while using thumb drive, USB or SD card.
What To Look For When Buying An Eco Solvent Printer
If you are looking for an eco solvent printer, that probably means you care about environmental factors. In this buying guide, we will look at the features a printer has that can make it less harmful in terms of pollution.
All the printers we have looked at can be used with environmentally friendly inks, so we will be looking at some additional considerations.
1. Power Consumption
Power consumption and energy efficiency are important considerations with all electronic products. You can find some printers that come with ENERGYSTAR certification, meaning they are highly efficient. This is usually highlighted heavily on a seller's page if a printer has it.
In terms of power consumption, you have a few areas to look at - the maximum power consumption and the 'off' power consumption are the main two that we will focus on right now.
Maximum power consumption is usually reached when a printer is doing heavy jobs. Of the five printers we recommended today, the Epson WorkForce WF-7710 has by far the highest maximum power consumption at 19W. That isn't a surprise, though, as it is by far the largest printer we looked at.
Both the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 and the Epson Workforce WF-2830 have a maximum power consumption of 13W.
The two printers requiring the least energy to operate are the Epson EcoTank ET-4760 and the Epson EcoTank ET-3760. Both these printers operate with a maximum power consumption of 12W.
Noise pollution can be a big problem, and if you don't want to add to it, you'll want a printer that runs as quietly as possible.
For the sake of reference, it's important to know that a level of 60 decibels is about as loud as two people having a conversation in normal speaking voices.
The quietest printer on the list is the Epson Workforce WF-2830 which operates at just 38 decibels. It also happens to be the smallest and lightest printer, which indicates why that may be.
All the other printers we looked at operate between 48-52 decibels. Therefore, none can be called monstrously loud.
3. Duty Cycle
It's quite often broken printers that end up in the dump as people don't have the time to find out which parts are recyclable.
If that sounds like you, then pay close attention to the duty cycle. This figure will tell you how much printing you can do before the printer will face problems and possibly stop working due to overuse.
The Epson EcoTank ET-4760 and Epson EcoTank ET-3760 have recommended duty cycles of 800 pages, meaning they aren't great for a busy office but perfect for those printing infrequently at home.
By contrast, the Epson WorkForce WF-7710 is unlikely to break down with heavy daily use because it has a monthly duty cycle of 20,000 pages. That figure is very high for an inkjet printer.
Buy on Etsy
Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color All-in-One Supertank Printer with Scanner and Copier - Walmart Link
Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with - Walmart Link
WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Wide-format Color Inkjet Printer with Copy, Scan, Fax, Wi-Fi - Walmart Link
Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with - Walmart Link
Epson EcoTank ET-2750 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with - Walmart Link
Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-One Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax - Walmart Link
Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer - Walmart Link
Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer - Walmart Link
Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Printer - Walmart Link
Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Supertank Printer - Walmart Link
Epson Workforce WF-2830 Wireless Color Printer - Walmart Link
Buy on eBay
Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color All-in-One Supertank Printer with Scanner and Copier - eBay Link
Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with - eBay Link
WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Wide-format Color Inkjet Printer with Copy, Scan, Fax, Wi-Fi - eBay Link
Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with - eBay Link
Epson EcoTank ET-2750 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with - eBay Link
Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-One Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax - eBay Link
Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color Supertank Printer - eBay Link
Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer - eBay Link
Epson EcoTank ET-3760 Wireless Printer - eBay Link
Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Supertank Printer - eBay Link
Epson Workforce WF-2830 Wireless Color Printer - eBay Link
Conclusion for Eco Solvent Printer Buyers
Solvent and eco-solvent printers are being widely used all over the world today. Be it for printing normal documents or large posters, eco-solvent printers are a much safer option for you and our Earth. They also print at higher resolutions.
However, figuring out the right printer for yourself can be arduous, as there are hundreds and thousands of eco-printers out there. Our job is to make your lives easier and we've brought to you our best suggestions with comparison (after days of endless hard work), to help you decide on your best eco-solvent printer.